Thursday 24 January 2013

Education, Education, Education

As you all know, I'm in my first year on the Educational Studies in Swansea. Now, I find that education is always changing and I need a reliable source to keep up to date on my knowledge of education, and if there are any recent changes I could impress my lecturers with! A few months ago I found a handy blog that does all this in an efficient way. It comes from the popular newspaper "The Guardian" and is called the 'Motarboard blog'
This site is very useful for seeing up to date news about education in a creative and effective way, it contains media such as embedded videos, images and links to other blogs/sites that are useful. I chose to follow this blog because it integrates friendly understandable language with comedy on occasions, which makes it very easy to read. It also has the option to comment on each post, which is useful for those who extroverts who like to voice their opinions and have a debate! The colour scheme of the page is very eye friendly and always has high resolution pictures, vibrant colours and the information is always reliable - everything you want from a blog!
I would give it one little criticism, and that is they are not too frequent with their posts.. It seems to be a very popular blog with over 300 comments on just one post, and sometimes can leave me waiting a week for the next post.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/mortarboard 

No comments:

Post a Comment