Friday 25 January 2013

Interview time!

I've been in Swansea for almost 4 months now, and I wanted to see if someone who can from the same place as me has had the same experiences or feelings moving to a new environment and to learn if the life of a university student is the same for most. I decided to ask one of my closest friends Ben what life has been like so far. 

Me: Hey Ben, What and where are you studying? 
Ben: Currently studying computer science in Swansea, it's quite hard work at the moment!

Me: Sounds tough, what exactly is computer science? 
Ben: It's basically learning what makes every computer work, and the different aspects of how they run, whether it's mathematical, scientific or just the engineering. 

Me: So how has it been moving from the Rhondda? 
Ben: Easier than I thought! It's only been easy because I have great hose mates and everyone is really friendly, it took a bit of time to get used to where everything is in Swansea - but all I really needed to know was where Wind Street was and McDonalds! 

Me: I know them well! and would you say the overall experience has been fun? 
Ben: It's certainly had its nights, but I've had to learn how to not go out all the time and set time aside to revise or to complete assignments, and there seems to be a lot of them lately! 

Me: Do you miss home? 
Ben: Of course, it's always nice to go home after a few weeks of being here, but I can't stay home for too long because I get bored! There's less rain here too which is good. 

Me: What have you learnt so far in the four months you've been here? 
Ben: Definitely to budget, I remember getting my first student loan and the feeling of wanting to buy everything! but it wold have been a while before i had another payment from the SLC (Student loan company) so I've had to learn how much to spend in a week. 

If you would like to find out the experiences of other students in Swansea or anywhere else, 'The student room' is a very handy place to share and even make a few friends.
Click on the link for more information on the forum. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forum.php

No comments:

Post a Comment